Quite sure a lot of people love traveling to different places and exploring the place. Trekking is one such way where a person can explore the city or country they are traveling to. There are a lot of places where you can go for trekking. The treks surrounded by nature bring a sense of pleasure which is hard to find in the city life.
The Kumara Parvatha peak is considered as one of the highest peaks in Coorg with an altitude of 5600 ft. This trek will take two days to complete and it can be considered in the toughest treks. This trek will give an experience like no other.
How to reach?
The trek starts from the famous temple Kukke Subrahmanya which lies in Subrahmanya town. These are the few ways you can reach the start of the trek –
- If you are already in Coorg it will be a maximum of 4 hour drive to Kukke Subrahmanya.
- If you are coming from Bangalore it is an approximate distance of 200 km. You can take your private vehicle to reach this place.
- If you do not wish to get your private vehicle you can also choose to travel by public buses which are from Bangalore to Kukke Subrahmanya.
- Another option you could use is to travel by train. The closest railway stations are Mysore station and Hassan railway station
You can select the route which would be more comfortable for you.
Best time to visit?
Anytime other than summers would be considered a good time to visit. It is preferable not to trek during summers due to the heat and high chances of forest fires. During winter you will get a pleasant climate and also the temperature will not be very high. You will get a nice view during winters with a mixture of fog and mist. There might be some sort of risk during the monsoon season due to the path being slippery.
Reason to do this trek?
- You should do this trek because it takes you to one of the highest peaks of Coorg
- The start of the trek is with a very well-known temple
- Filled with lush green trees
- The breath-taking views of the western ghats
- The vast pasture lands
- Being a two day trek get the experience of staying in a tent
Level of difficulty –
As mentioned at the start this is not an easy trek. There are a lot of places where one might find difficulty while trekking. The path is filled with rocks and boulders at certain places. The trek is quite steep, so when crossing the grasslands or forest sections you might come across steep trails.
All you have to do is be careful when doing the trek to avoid any kind of emergency.
Things to carry –
There are few important things that one should carry such as water, dry fruits and a first aid kit. Other than this one should carry the following things –
- Preferably a waterproof backpack
- Sweater or jacket
- Sunglasses and/or cap
- Proper shoes with grip
This is a list of things that one should carry. Other than this if you need anything you can carry that as well.
If you are in Bangalore you can also see Guhantara Resort
Places to visit around –
This is a list of places you can visit after you are done with your trek-
- Kukke Subrahmanya Temple
- Biladwara cave
- Peak pushpagiri
- Mallalli and Abbimatta falls
This trek will be an unforgettable experience. If you plan on visiting Coorg or anywhere around do plan to go for this trek. These are once in a lifetime opportunities which one shouldn’t miss out on. This is a complete guide on how you can go for this trek, what you might need and how you can go about things.